1. In-state Driver's License (1+ years)
2. In-state vehicle insurance
3. In-state license plates
4. Current registration
5. Driver photo (say cheese!)
1. 21 years or older for driving people
2. 19 years or older for EATS
3. Need to pass a state and federal background check.
4. Need to have at least one year of driving experience in the USA (3 years or more if you are under 23 years old)
What the background check looks at:
1. Federal records goes back 7 years
2. County records for your residence the past 7 years
3. Motor Vehicle Records (MVR)
4. Social Security Trace (SSN)
5. Multi-state criminal database going back 7 years
6. Sex Offender Registry (National)
Your background must meet the following conditions:
1. A minimum of 1 year in U.S. driving license history (if under 23 you must have at least 3 years)
2. A clean Motor Vehicle Report with no more than three incidents in the past three years
3. No DUIs and no reckless driving. Drivers must not have had a DUI in the last 10 years!
4. Clean criminal background check with no felonies or misdemeanors involving violence, theft or drugs.
5. No speeding violations for driving 20 mph+ over the speed limit in the last 3 years.
6. PLEASE ADVISE: Does not run a credit check
**NOTE** Starting November 2016, Now allows SOME non-violent felons to become drivers.
**If it has been over 10 business days since beginning your Background Check, contact Checkr.**
The background check usually takes 3 to 10 business days to complete. If your account status doesn’t change to “Active” after that period, contact Checkr.
*Re-runs on your background check happen yearly, or if requirements happen to change*
Apply to find out!
In the end, the only way to truly know whether you’ll pass or not is to sign up to drive. It’s free, and it’s NOT like getting a credit check. There is no penalty for consenting.
Copyright © 2019 - All Rights Reserved.